Thursday, February 7, 2008

Who Stole My Youth?

I know I'm not the originator of this saying but it happened to me, "I looked in the mirror this morning and there was an old man staring back at me!" What happened? Where did my youth go? Who stole it? Time can be evil! But if I consider the option to getting older, I'll take the gray hair and age spots.

Actually I don't feel as old as I look. Granted I'm slower and not as motivated to do jumping jacks, but my mind and attitude is still moving fast and believeing that I'm not as old as my birth certificate demands.

The other day I went for a 5 mile run with dog, then swam several laps at the local YMCA. After that I walked to the park and jumped right into a pickup soccer game. Unfortunatly that all ended when Millie yelled, "Dinner time" and woke me up. I may not have actually done what I was dreaming about, but when I tried to get up from the couch and go to the dinner table, I was moving slow and was sore. (Is it possible to get sore, if you dream about running?)

Have a youthful day. It's all a matter of your mindset ... and your dreams!

Brian T. Bearchell
http://www.bearchell.com/

No comments: